Although there are no hard and fast rules to determine the answer to this important question you can assess your risk, by asking yourself the following 20 questions. These questions are used by John Hopkins University Hospital, Baltimore MD. in deciding whether or not a patient is alcoholic.
1. Do you lose time from work due to drinking?
2. Is drinking making your home life unhappy?
3. Do you drink because you are shy with other people?
4. Is drinking affecting your reputation?
5. Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?
6. Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of drinking?
7. Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when drinking?
8. Does your drinking make you careless of your family's welfare?
9. Has your ambition decreased since you began drinking?
10. Do you crave a drink at a definite time every day?
11. Do you want a drink the next morning?
12. Does drinking cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
13. Has your efficiency decreased since you began drinking?
14. Is drinking jeopardizing your job or business?
15. Do you drink to escape from worries or trouble?
16. Do you drink alone?
17. Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of drinking?
18. Has your physician ever treated you for drinking?
19. Do you drink to build up your self-confidence?
20. Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of drinking?
If you have answered YES to any one of the questions, there
is a definite warning that you may be alcoholic. If you have answered YES to any
two, the chances are that you are an alcoholic. If you have answered YES to
three or more, you are definitely an alcoholic, and should seek help
This website was created by ELF Software
For information contact email@example.com
Date of Last Update: 07/27/12